Are you feeling a little restless in your bedroom? Why not take the opportunity to spruce things up by giving it an entire makeover? Give yourself a weekend project and try your hand at painting your room. It’s easier than you think and can really transform any space into something special.
You won’t need expensive materials or advanced knowledge — just some dedication, patience, and the right tools for the job. We’ll walk through everything you need to know about how to paint a bedroom so that you can enjoy resting in your unique sanctuary before long.
A step-by-step guide to painting your bedroom
Once you have chosen your paint color and supplies, it’s time to start painting! Here’s a helpful guide on how to paint your bedroom:
- Preparing the walls is the most important step in the painting process. Start by patching any holes, dents, or cracks in your walls with a wall repair kit or joint compound.
- Once it’s done, use sandpaper to lightly rough up any glossy areas on your walls so that they can absorb more of the paint. Don’t forget to clean off all surfaces with a damp cloth before you start painting!
- When it’s finally time to start painting, begin by cutting in – this means you should cut around corners and edges with a brush first. Then take a roller and fill in the rest of the wall surface. If you’re using multiple colors, make sure to finish one wall before moving on to the next.
- It’s important to let each coat of paint dry completely before starting on the next one. Different paints have different drying times – oil-based paints take longer than latex-based ones. You can also use fans to help speed things up a bit and prevent paint from smudging while it’s still wet.
- When applying the final coat of paint, use long, smooth strokes with your brush or roller to get an even finish. Once you’re done, set aside some time for touch-ups if necessary and admire your work! With these steps, you should be well on your way to having a beautifully painted bedroom.
In terms of how long it takes to paint a bedroom, on average, it takes about 6-8 hours to paint a bedroom – including drying time. This can vary depending on the size of your room and the type of paint you are using. It might take longer if you need more than one coat or if you’re doing any repairs beforehand.
How much does it cost to paint a bedroom?
When painting a bedroom, the cost can vary greatly depending on whether you decide to do the work yourself or hire professional painting services. Here’s the estimated breakdown of how much a bedroom painting costs from The Spruce:
- If you decide to take on the task of DIY painting, you can expect to pay around $415 for the supplies alone. That includes $235 for a small room, $390 for a medium room, and $610 for a large room. However, this estimate doesn’t consider labor costs or any additional materials that may be needed.
- On the other hand, if you hire professional painting services, you will likely pay more depending on the size of the bedroom you need to paint. For a small room (240 sq. ft.), hiring a professional painter can range from $480 to $1,440, with an average cost of about $960.
- Similarly, medium rooms (480 sq. ft.) could cost between $960 and $2,880, with an average price tag of $1,920. Lastly, for large rooms (880 sq. ft.), you can expect to pay between $1,760 and $5,280, with an average cost of around $3,520.
When painting an entire 3-bedroom house, the average cost is expected to be higher. Generally, the total cost to paint the interior of a 3-bedroom house is between $3,200 and $5,959, with an average price of around $4,400. This figure considers labor costs and any additional materials that may need to be purchased for the job.
We can help turn your bedroom into a masterpiece
You don’t have to live with four walls of drabness. Painting your bedroom can dramatically shift the atmosphere and bring a spark of personality it desperately needs. From choosing the right hues to giving your brush strokes that extra flair, Image Painting is here to help you create a masterpiece of color.
Bring life and beauty into your bedroom with just a few coats of paint. With Image Painting Services, you can easily tackle this project and add color with our help. We understand how difficult DIY-ing your bedroom paint job can be — with us; you get an experienced team that puts quality over quantity. So don’t wait! Contact us today and let us help make your dream room come alive.