Perhaps you’re in the middle of a kitchen renovation for your restaurant, cafe, or other commercial kitchen. If that’s the case, you’re already aware there’s so much to consider. It takes careful thought and planning, from design layout and appliances to color schemes and storage solutions. It also includes making a critical decision, which is selecting the right commercial kitchen paint for your walls.
The right paint must be durable enough to withstand frequent cleaning yet versatile enough to complement the overall aesthetic. With such an assortment of options today, how do you know which will work best? In this blog, we’ll discuss some essential factors when choosing commercial kitchen wall paint.
Why hire a commercial painter?
You might have painted your home kitchen and thought you were ready to tackle a commercial kitchen. However, in your personal kitchen, no health inspectors will unexpectedly show up to rate its cleanliness! As you can see, commercial kitchens are a whole different ball game. Luckily, the professional painters at Image Painting are trained to handle this.
Food safe or hygiene coated?
Some people think food-safe paints are better than hygiene coatings. In reality, hygiene-coated paint is a better fit and more appropriate for the job.
Food-safe paint is used when food constantly comes in contact with the walls. Instead of kitchens, these are more suitable for silos or food storage. Meanwhile, hygiene-coated paints are perfect for environments that constantly demand clean and sanitary conditions.
Here are some features of hygiene-coated paints to better understand their advantages:
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial: The coatings are specifically designed to inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, and other contaminants that can cause foodborne illnesses.
- Easy to clean: If food ever comes in contact with the walls, a hygiene-coated commercial kitchen wall paint is easier to clean, and stains can quickly come off without damaging the surface.
- Chemical-resistant: Most hygiene-coated paints are designed to withstand frequent cleaning and sanitizing.
Things to consider when choosing the right paint for commercial kitchens
Now that we’ve got a handle on the best type of paint for a commercial kitchen, let’s dive into the factors you should consider when choosing the perfect one!
Here are a few essential things to remember when selecting the best hygiene-coated paint for commercial kitchens:
- Finding the right shade: If your commercial kitchen is hidden behind closed doors and out of the public eye, silvers and grays are the most common colors used. For commercial kitchens with an open layout, go for colors that complement the restaurant’s interiors and aesthetics. The good news is most hygienic coated paints are available in various colors to suit your preferences.
- HACCP certification: For the highest level of hygiene, choose hygiene-coated paints with a HACCP certification. HACCP is a recognized benchmark for food safety through its facility design and construction framework. Its goal is to minimize foodborne illnesses common in commercial kitchens.
- Polyurethane, Acrylic, or Epoxy resin: The best resin coating would be epoxy due to its high durability and incredible abrasion resistance. These can withstand strong cleaning chemicals and be cleaned using a pressure washer.
- Don’t forget the floors: One thing that always goes unnoticed is the kitchen’s floors. However, it’s as crucial as the kitchen’s walls since it gets dirty and wet. Contaminants and bacteria are always present, so it’s best to coat them with high-performance hygienic coatings. However, these coatings don’t have to be HACCP-certified.
Give your commercial kitchen that fresh and hygienic feel.
Choosing the right commercial kitchen paint for your walls and floors is essential in creating a functional and sanitary environment. You want to prepare and serve food that doesn’t only taste good but is also clean and fresh!
Fortunately, hygienic coatings are designed to accommodate all these needs while providing extra protection from bacteria and other contaminants. Hiring a professional painting contractor, such as Image Painting, will ensure they’re applied consistently and adequately for long-lasting results.
If you’re ready to give your kitchen a new look and better sanitation, contact us today and get your free estimate! We’ll ensure your commercial kitchen has the perfect commercial kitchen wall paint to meet the health inspector’s standards. Each project also comes with a three-year warranty for your peace of mind.